Water Damage Repair San Francisco
What is water damage and how does it normally occur?
Water damage repair is a complicated process of restoring a commercial or residential property to a pre-loss condition after it has been flooded due to various reasons. Some of the most common factors that lead to a water damage are:
- leaking roof
- plumbing and slab leaks
- burst pipes
- clogged toilet
- washing machine overflow
- broken dishwasher hose
- dishwasher leakage
- bad weather and snow destruction
- moisture behind walls or foundation cracks
If any of these problems occurs and you ask the technicians of GCD Restoration for help, you will not only get a full clean-up of the mess but also a detailed moisture extraction. Keep in mind that water can damage not only your carpets and furniture but also various drywall, plaster, metal, wooden, and concrete surfaces around your home that will have to be thoroughly cleaned as well.
A step-by-step plan to follow when dealing with water damage
No water damage case is identical to another but the pattern is similar, and although every case requires an individual unique solution, we recommend you to follow these steps:
- Water and flooding emergencies won’t wait for regular business hours, so the first thing you should do is dial our 24/7 hotline (650) 835-4447, and call one of our teams for an immediate inspection. Your restoration costs may be much lower if you contact a specialist immediately after a leak or flood occurred. Once your drywall begins to swell and break down or metal surfaces begin to tarnish, your property’s repair expenses will rapidly rise.
- Schedule a water damage assessment with one of our specialists who can inspect, identify, and stop the water source, especially if you believe that this water is contaminated. During this inspection, our cleaners will also identify the category and classification of water in order to determine which restoration process has to be used. We have water sensing equipment such as probes and other infrared tools that we use during inspections. A safety inspection of your premises is an absolute must, so we never skip on it.
- Packing and moving away all of your furniture from the rooms which have been affected by a leak or flood. This will allow our technicians to have more space and clean every area well. Don’t worry, we don’t charge extra for this service!
- Detecting the moisture. After all “obstacles” are removed, we will use moisture detectors, hygrometers, or other types of meters to find all of the places where water is hiding. Then we will use submersible and gas-powered pumps to pump out high-level water. And finally, for a complete water removal and carpet cleaning, we will use water extraction and steam cleaning equipment.
- When the job is done, we will use Industrial-grade dehumidifiers and High-speed air movers to dry the rooms which were restored and cleaned and then we will monitor the floors and walls for any moisture left.
- Cleaning/Sanitizing. Every water damage restoration session which we perform around the San Francisco and Bay Area is finished with an odor removal, deodorization, sanitizing treatment and disposal. We guarantee you that we will not leave your property, until it smells fresh and looks sparkling again!
Why we do all this? It’s simple - our mission is to get your home or business back to normal as soon as possible! Call GCD Restoration, at (650) 835-4447, and see yourself!
People also search for: