Mold Removal San Francisco, CA
Eliminate Mold Growth With the Help of Our Mold Removal Team Operating in San Francisco and Bay Area!
Mold formation, development, and drawbacks.
Once formed as a result of a leak, flood or simply high levels of humidity in your laundry room, mold can spread throughout your home in a period of 48 to 72 hours, producing eye and skin irritating allergens. Mold is also a contributing factor to other health problems, so once detected, it should instantly get removed with the help of professional cleaners!
Here is what mold actually is and how it does appear:
- Mold spores are often contained in office and household dust, but do not pose a health hazard when their quantity is a little. Mold spreads and grows extremely easy, so even if you had no problems with it before, you may need only a few days until you suffer an allergic reaction or respiratory problems.
- Mold is flexible to grow on any surface or substance as long as the level of humidity nearby is high. Molds use spores to reproduce. These spores are usually carried by air currents, and land only at places where they find moist surface. Although healthy individuals rarely suffer any reactions towards mold, children and people with a weaker immune system do.
Types of mold and its distribution around us
They are so many molds that look so different that sometimes it is nearly impossible to recognize them without a mold inspection specialist. It is important to be able to distinguish dangerous molds from the non-harmful ones in order to make sure that it is really worth spending more on professional cleaning services.
The main signals to indicate mold-related issues are:
- big black marks on the walls, floors and ceilings
- constant bad odor and high humidity
- running nose, itchy eyes, irritated skin, and other symptoms of allergy
When exposed to water, mold can grow colonies in no time (usually behind drywall or under carpeting). This is why when GCD Restoration performs mold and mildew removal services in San Francisco, the first thing that we do is use a heavy-duty equipment to extract the moisture. The same one which works best for carpet and upholstery cleaning.
How to act when you notice signs of mold growth
- Make sure that your family, employees, and you stay out of the affected perimeter.
- Do not turn on any HVAC or fans because it can only help mold spores spread around your home.
- Do not disturb the mold by trying to scrape it off or dry the area without professional equipment.
- Disinfectants, bleach, and other common household cleaning products should not be spread over mold before you know its type and the way it can react to different surface cleaners.
- Contact GCD Restoration, and wait for our emergency team to arrive at your property for an inspection, consultation, and immediate mold removal and remediation.
To determine the remediation that is necessary, our technicians will first inspect whether the mold is actively growing. Visible types of mold can be diagnosed without a test sampling for specific species. If the type of mold defined is dangerous (like lethal black mold, for example), our technicians will work on the territory of your property wearing all required protection equipment. Stopping the source of moisture is what they will start with, moving to mold and fungal growth removal afterwards. Killing mold is sometimes not enough, so we perform an additional specialty cleaning of the once contaminated areas using biodegradable products.
GREEN, GREEN, GREEN!
Yes, we are green, and we won’t use any industrial chemicals in and around your property! For more information about the organic products that we use, call our office at (650) 835 4447!
We kill mold, mildew, and fungus 24/7! That’s what makes GCD Restoration a leading mold removal contractor in San Francisco and Bay Area!
People also search for: